Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My name is ShankThr33...

...but you figured that out already, didn't you?

ShankThr33, by the way, is pronounced "shank three." .

I'm on SoundCloud, which is how I came to spell the name that way. I had started writing music under the "Shank3" name but when I went to start posting on SoundCloud, someone else already had the name. As far as I know, to this day they have not posted a single thing but the name is out there. Still, it has special significance to me and I didn't want to let go of it. A-Mac, a drummer friend of mine, suggested that I spell it with the two numbers instead of two letters at the end. This, by the way, is called "leet" spelling, you can read about it in the Wikipedia link provided. I liked it, I know that several EDM (Electronic Dance Music) producers (most notably Deadmau5 but others as well, such as R3hab) use this spelling. Plus, it was almost impossible that someone else was already spelling it that way. So "Shank 3" got turned into ShankThr33.

As of this writing I have 32 songs up on SoundCloud, you can listen to them here. I love SoundCloud, it's a great place to find new artists and if you can post a good stream of stuff, you will get noticed.

If you have any questions or anything you'd like to say, of course leave a comment but you can also email me at shank3music@yahoo.com. As you can probably guess, I set that up before I changed the spelling. Don't send stuff to the gmail account, I will probably forget that I have it.

Thank you for reading and thank you for listening! I love comments and emails! I'm also on Facebook as Shank3, please like me and you'll get updates whenever I post something!

Later...

ShankThr33

No comments:

Post a Comment