Monday, June 3, 2013

Frustration is the Mother of Creation!

Song Title: Frustration

Recorded On: Ableton Live 9

Instruments: (In Order of Appearance)
                    Kick LD
                    Snare Atom (Part of 16 Snares Pack)
                    Snare Electro (Part of 16 Snares Pack)
                    Saw Synth C Bass
                    Dance Stab Bleep (Part of Miscellaneous Synths in the basic Sounds Pack)
                    Chord Sweeper
                    Saw1 Reso Panned Pad (Synth Pad in Sounds Pack)
                    Strings Ensemble Pizzicato
                    ATMOS Other Planes of Where (This is one of the Ambient and Evolving Synth Noises)

Uploaded to SoundCloud: June 1, 2013

Stats as of June 4, 2013: 4 Plays (United States)
                                       1 Download (United States)
                                       2 'Favorites' (1 US, 1 Switzerland)

You can listen to "Frustration" here: https://soundcloud.com/c-l-neal/frustration.

In my attempts to stop being the John Tesh of EDM, I decided that I really wanted to learn how to lay down a four-on-the-floor beat. My first attempt was a song I named "Fourth Floor Failure", which has since been erased from my computer, never to show up in some compilation somewhere where anyone can blackmail me with it. It really was that bad.

My second attempt was a song called "Fourth Floor Rehearsal Space" which is up on SoundCloud now. "Frustration" is my third one. I'm overall pretty happy with it. It could be better, but for something that got shot out in a couple of days with almost no redo, I think it really worked out well. I think I do pretty good job of building some tension, especially in bar 49 when I change the key (simultaneously releasing tension and starting the build-up again) and again in bar 82 where I introduce the pizzicato. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure this is the same pizzicato sound that starts off Santigold's "Disparate Youth."

I think if I did one thing differently, I would leave out the drop in bar 57. The Saw1 Reso Panned Pad sound is very, very low and it wasn't as effective as I'd hoped. Live and learn.

I hope you listen and enjoy it. Please let me know what you think!

Peace out and catch you later...

ShankThr33 - It's In The Genes!











Copyright (c) 2013 Christopher W Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment